Phrases and tips for speaking English fluently and with confidence!
New: Take a look at the English Pronunciation section.
- Top articles in Speaking:
- 10 ways to improve your English speaking today!
- Being friendly in English
- Better English speaking skills
- How to practise your English speaking
- More help with speaking English
- How to Start a Conversation in English
- How to Say Thank You in English
- Using the correct tense to talk about future plans in English
- Talking about the holidays
- English conversation tips
- Talking about the news in English
- Improve your English speaking quickly and easily!
- How to pass the Cambridge English speaking exams
- Giving orders and instructions
- Talking about fear in English
- Saying how happy or sad you are
- Giving and receiving presents in English
- How to keep an English conversation going
- Talking about your hobbies in English
- Telling a story in English
- Talking about the weather in English
- How to ask for things in English
- How to talk about illness
- English greetings
- Talking about your opinions and beliefs in English
- Talking about likes and dislikes in English
- Agreeing in English
- Making generalisations
- Suggestions and advice in English
- Speaking about hopes in English
- Making invitations
- Making appointments
- Complaining in English
- Talking about probability and making predictions
- How to make requests and offers in English
- How to express shock in English
- Basic English speaking course
- Saying hello and introducing yourself
- Giving personal information in English
- Booking a hotel room
- How to buy tickets in English
- Would like and polite English phrases
- English conversations: shopping
- Giving directions
- English conversations for tourists
- How to talk about your past
- English conversations: In a restaurant
- Elementary English speaking course
- Medical problems
- Look, be like, look like
- Getting to know someone
- Offering food
- Phone messages
- Talking about the weather
Bonus Speaking Resources
If you need more help with speaking English, you can try some of these links.
TalkEnglish have lessons for basic English.
For more native-speaker phrases, check out to The English We Speak, which is part of the BBC English website. You can also try the British Council website to learn how to say the right words for different situations.
Speak English Fluently!
Hi! I’m Clare, an English teacher and the founder of this site.
I can help you speak English more easily! Here are two things for you: