Oxford / Cambridge Admissions Tutoring for English and History
The universities of Oxford and Cambridge are two of the oldest and most highly-regarded academic institutions in the world, renowned for the quality of their teaching as well as their highly selective application process. Students are taught by world-leading thinkers and academics and will leave university with very strong employment prospects.
The simple truth is that if you want to study at Oxford or Cambridge the only thing which matters to an admissions tutor is how good you are at your subject. Being offered a place will depend on you proving this through your grades/predicted grades, personal statement, example essays, entrance exams and interviews. In order to be successful you need to maximise your chances at every single one of these stages through careful preparation and study.
The entrance exam and interviews require skills of argument and analysis which will go beyond what you have been taught at school. However we can offer a comprehensive tutoring package which will guide you step-by-step through the process, so you can demonstrate your full potential at every stage of your application.
• Advice on choosing the right university, college and course – and consultation on the overall process
• Personal Statement support, with full editing, feedback, and suggestions
• Example Essay submissions, with editing, essay technique, past papers, integration of key subject material
• Entrance Exam preparation, including the English Literature Admissions Test (ELAT) and the History Aptitude Test (HAT) with tutoring on exam technique
• Interview preparation and practice interviews including skills of verbal debating and reasoning, textual analysis and confident expression of your ideas
Your dedicated Oxbridge applications tutor
Isaac Jordan is a 2017 alumnus of Downing College, Cambridge with a BA Hons in English.
He has three years’ experience of the teaching style and analytical skills required at Oxford and Cambridge and as a private tutor has coached many of his students into Oxbridge.
Isaac has spent the past two years in the education sector working alongside pre-eminent academics from universities such as Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard to devise teaching programmes for leading British independent schools including St Paul’s, Dulwich College and the King’s School Canterbury. He will take you through the entire application process and can provide specialised guidance at each step.
Isaac focuses exclusively on applications to study English and History at Oxford and Cambridge. However, if you wish to make an application for another subject, please feel free to get in touch and we may be able to provide admissions specialists in other subjects.