Week 2: present simple, telephoning, talking about job and routines, personal information
Here are the lessons for Week 2 of our new free English course!
Last week, in Week 1, the lessons covered the verb to be, nationalities, pronouns and possessives, vocabulary to talk about your family, and phrases to say hello and introduce yourself.
This week (week 2), there is a grammar page: "The Present Simple tense in English"; a vocabulary page: "Talking about your job and daily routines in English"; a speaking page: "Telephone phrases"; and a page with essential phrases for you to give information about yourself: "Giving personal information".
There are exercises (with answers) on two of the pages: "The Present Simple tense" and "Talking about your job". There are also speaking exercises on "Telephone phrases" where you can practise eight different conversations to help you improve your fluency and your English pronunciation.
Here are the links to the four lessons for week 2:
– Use the Present Simple in the affirmative and negative, and to make questions
– Use the auxiliaries do / don't / does / doesn't correctly in questions and negatives
– Talk about your job and daily routines using a range of verbs in the Present Simple tense
– Tell the time
– Get through on the telephone, answer correctly, and ask to be connected. Give a reason why somebody is not available
– Understand simple questions asking for personal information, and answer appropriately
– Use ordinal numbers to give dates
For more help with telephoning, see our page Telephoning in English.
The lessons next week are on singular and plural nouns (plus countable and uncountable nouns), phrases to book a hotel room, and talking about your hobbies and interests. There's also a review on asking questions (in a hotel) using the Present Simple tense.
Get a FREE English Short Story!
Like to learn English? Join 19,600+ people who read our newsletter and get more help with:
We won't share your email address and you can unsubscribe any time.